The story of the "Czech Coca-Cola"
Kofola is a carbonated soft drink which originated in the 60' in Czechoslovakia as an alternative to unavailable rival drinks Coca Cola or Pepsi. After the fall of the communist regime in 1989, Kofola was almost forgotten but in 2002, the brand made a big comeback to the market. So if you were wondering what is the dark soft drink that people order in large beer-glasses: It's Kofola!
Some people hate the taste of this beverage but others will tell you that they love it because it reminds them about their childhood. Kofola originated in the Czechoslovak pharmaceutical company Galena n.p. in 1959 during research targeted at finding a possible use for surplus caffeine produced in the process of coffee roasting. The resulting dark-coloured, sweet-and-sour syrup Kofo became the main ingredient of a new soft drink named Kofola introduced in 1962. During the 1960s and 1970s Kofola became exceedingly popular in communist Czechoslovakia because it substituted for Western cola-based drinks like Coca-Cola or Pepsi, which were available but priced at more than twice the price of Kofola.
In 2002 the manufacturer launched a big media campaign aimed at young hip audience, which is based on the slogan “If you love her nothing else matters", which helped the brand return to the market. You can have a look at some TV spots from their campaign for example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXvY4ILXLo; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp1LrC_z27U; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpAsEfqN35I . Until 2000, the Kofola logo featured a coffee bean. It now resembles a coffee flower.
Kofola is with no doubts one of the Czech beverages to try!
Monday, March 12, 2012
We've been amazed by the number of families who have chosen to stay at our residences over the past years. Reading all the great reviews from parents and grandparents encouraged us to write this post..
Why are serviced apartments great for families (so our guests say):
- You can eat in if you don't want to go to a restaurant. Kitchens in our residences are all fully equiped and have a comfortable dining area. Our guests can prepare their own meals on their own schedule - if you want breakfast at midday, it's up to you!
- If you need an extra bed or a baby cot, we are happy to prepare it in your apartment for free.
- Having the space to chill out makes all the difference. You can enjoy the freedom of a full apartment with living room, bathroom, full kitchen, and separate bedrooms.
- The free daily maid service means you don't have to clean up and can spend more time with your family.
- Fully equiped with everything you might need in daily life - hairdryers, espresso makers, ironing facilities, dish-washer, washing machines, microwave ovens, safe boxes, Sat-TV.. you can feel like at home!
- Better price then hotels. If you split the price per apartment between more people, the cost is much better than prices of many comparable hotels.
- Staying in an apartment gives you the freedom to be completely independent to make the choices that works best for you.
- Arriving late and no time for shopping? Let us know what would you like to have in you fridge on your arrival and we will do the shopping part for you!
- 24/7 Reception Desk = nonstop assistance with anything regarding your stay. Booking a restaurant? Fixing a broken baby cot? Tips where to go with kids? Anytime you need help, we are here for you.